The Franklin is looking for talented researchers embarking on their first fellowship to join us. We believe that The Franklin offers a unique environment for research, in which early career researchers can thrive.
Our work here at The Franklin will change the way we see life. We are developing technologies here which offer factor of ten advances on the current state of the art in biological imaging and chemistry.
Our research is driven by the unifying theme of infection and inflammation, research questions in this area are particularly welcome, but our remit covers all areas of human health and disease and linked biological problems in food security and resilience against the health impacts of climate change.
We offer access to and the ability to co-develop our technologies, and we seek to answer research questions which are globally important.
What we offer:
- Access to Franklin imaging technologies in our unique research environment
- Collaboration with world leading research teams at Harwell
- Access to our member network of ten UK Universities, industrial and international collaborations.
- We will work closely with fellows to identify next steps beyond their fellowship, and offer soft landing funding with a collaborator at the end of the fellowship period.
- Mentoring and support throughout which will develop your research career whether you decide to go further in academia, transition to industry, or take your first steps into entrepreneurship
- Opportunities to supervise students at PhD level through our Franklin DTP and through external collaborations
- Teaching opportunities can be arranged through collaborating organisations